Most of the companies today have caught up with social media but does the common man understand the words, the lingo and the world of social media? Words like forum, subscribe, tweet, followers etc are used so frequently but do all of us really understand the meaning of those words? In fact, we also need to know how these words are affecting the world of social media marketing!
- Forum - It is an online discussion board where people comment, discuss and give their opinions on various topics. Marketers use forum boards so as to gauge public reaction and know their customers better
- Google Plus - It is similar to face book and is a recently launched social network application. In this, you can circle your friends, share pictures, views, comments etc. Google plus is slowly starting to catch up with business men because it allows companies to have profiles and pages of their own to connect to existing and potential customers
- Hash tags - Usually used during tweets on Twitter. "#" proceeds tweets and is usually done for conferences and events
- HootSuite - These days companies do marketing campaigns across all social media like Twitter, face book, LinkedIn etc. HootSuite is a social media marketing system that streamlines the whole campaigns and manages it for the company. It is a boon for most marketers because efficiency has increased tremendously because of it
- Inbound Marketing - It is a tool used by marketers to attract people to their website so that eye balls increase, popularity increases and growth of brand awareness is there.
Various tools on inbound marketing are - blogs, SEO management, forums, social media management etc
- Joomla - It is a great content management system used mainly for SEO
- Scribd - It is an application which allows documents in various formats like PDF, word etc. to be converted into formats that can be shared and forwarded. This allows marketers to make sure that certain content on their website becomes shareable and viewers can forward it to their friends
- Viral Marketing - This is a great marketing technique to increase brand awareness by replicating pre existing social media marketing strategies
These are just few basic social media terms that are used by marketers for various purposes. Using them the right is as important as putting them into practice at the right time!