A Social Media Assistant is someone who works with you to get your business on the move and out there for the customers the way you want it to be. They could be anyone qualified enough to do the job efficiently and effectively. These assistants can work from the comforts of their own office or home and usually contacts you via email or instant messengers. Usually, social media assistants carry out orders you are supposed to do but can not due to several reasons. These reasons involve:
- Time - a key element to social media. A lot of businessmen do not have the time on building the website they need to make it profitable, so most businessmen turn to marketing assistants to make one. Another thing about time is that most businessmen are more focused on how to maximize the field to their advantage and this would usually take their time, thus, assistants are hired to take on other matters and leave all important ones to them.
- Skills - there are skills that only marketing assistants have and most businessmen tap into these assistants to make full use of their skills and talents thus, promoting their business as well. The more businessmen invest on social media assistants' skills, the more likely they acquire good results.
Coining social media assistants as mere "assistants" is really an understatement of the word. There are a lot of roles that an assistant can fit in to. Here are just some of them:
- Creating your social media accounts. Time for business people is for brainstorming and for creative thinking. Spending time creating accounts in sites can be a daunting and manual task that you would prefer delegating it to an assistant.
- Maintaining your social media accounts. If you created accounts to promote your product or service, then you can hire an assistant to maintain them for you. They can also maintain the accounts, update statuses and manually add friends or followers (prospects!).
- Writing articles and press releases. You can task your assistant to write articles embedding links to your websites on key parts of the article. Press releases can also do wonders if you have a new product that needs promotion. This is a sure way in promoting traffic into your website.
- Email Marketing and Ads posting. Other than writing articles and maintaining the website, assistants can also promote it through generating email and sending it to clients as well as posting visible ads.
A Social media assistant can do wonders to your online business. Qualifications need not be extravagant as long as they can keep up with you and the tasks you wish to be done in a matter of time.