Thousands and thousands of social media news sites..how to choose the best ones???? You really should start with the social media sites that are ranked the highest, these are the ones that will drive the most traffic to your site most quickly.
The highest-ranked social media sites will definitely work the hardest for you, with more networks, more people, and more options available to choose from.
Some reports claim that most of the Internet traffic these days is on social media sites. That statistic is not so hard to believe when sites such as YouTube claim about 12% on Internet traffic alone. The numbers are quite staggering..
Depending on exactly what youre looking for, whether its videos, content, images, blogs, articles, or whatever, the value of each of these sites will be a little different for you personally. But, according to Alexa, here are the top 10 best social media sites today:
1. YouTube.com: Share videos with the world! Count the number of views, and get followers and subscribers, who can comment on your videos and help you gain visibility.
2. Flickr.com: This site is the number one place to share photos and images of any type. Your submissions can be rated and commented on, making them more popular.
3. Digg.com: This is the place where anything goes, bookmark and comment on articles, blogs, or pretty much anything. More diggs means more exposure and more links for your site.
4. Metacafe.com: Another top site for sharing videos.
5. StumbleUpon.com: Find the best content for any topic here.
6. Technorati.com: No great blog is left unturned, find every one of them on this site.
Scribd.com: Any kind of article you can imagine is located on this site.
8. Blogcatalog.com: More of the best blogs. All topics, all types.
9. Del.icio.us: Everything imaginable, every type of social network thats out there is here. Network with the world, create your own network or just join other big ones and make your online contacts that way.
10. Propeller.com: Top Internet news place, find all current events and up-and-coming information.
While these sites might be considered to be the most popular right now, this is by far NOT an exhaustive list. As the top 10 social media sites is an ever-changing list taken from the hundreds of thousands of sites like these, all of these sites are not necessarily firmly planted in their spots and dont rest on their laurels at all.
Many, many social media sites are out there and fighting hard for these rankings. Every day, new features that affect user-friendliness, variety of topic/content, the ability to network, and many more factors affect the rankings and they are subject to change at any time.
With that said, these sites should be considered very solid and should be major mainstays to your plan if you think youre going anywhere in the social media world! Networking through these social media sites is likely to get you more traffic to your site by increasing your Internet visibility.